Friday, September 9, 2011

Monroe College Fall 2011-Lets make it a great semester!

Dear All,

Welcome to the Monroe College Small Business Development Center blog by Executive Director and Professor Espinosa. This blog is a conversation and a source of information for those interesting in learning about marketing and the resources available through our Monroe College Small Business Development Center. The goal is to start a dialog on your path to develop your small business.

This semester I will be teaching Social Media Marketing and Marketing 101 at the Monroe College School Business and Accounting. Teaching these courses keep me relevant to the constantly evolving world of Marketing and Social Media. Marketing is the heart of a business success-you may think I am being bias because it is my academic platform- maybe.  The truth is that they are many aspects that compose the success of a business.
A business plan is the foundation and the blueprint of your venture. My philosophy is that once you develop a business plan and create a solid base for your business-the quest for success starts, and marketing becomes your fuel.  For those of you who are not on my Monroe College-Marketing 101 class, I will share my opening-Marketing is the answer to one question- How do I put my service or product in the hands of my consumer? 

But let’s get back to the very important basic start- The Business Plan!
Throughout this semester the Monroe College Business Development Center will hold a series of workshops and network events that will introduce you to the world of entrepreneurship.  We also have a partnership with the Bronx Women’s Business Resource Center (BWBRC). BWRBRC is the small business assistance division of the Hunts Point Economic Development Corporation and is funded by the Small Business Administration and the New York State Entrepreneurial Assistance Program.  Their program will assist you in completing a business plan-If you like to apply to their program please contact their Executive Director, Marcia Cameron at 914-500-9772 or email her at info@bronxwbc.org

For those who are “entrepreneur enthusiasts”, Monroe College studentss and are at the preliminary stages of a business idea-I encourage you to apply to the “Sunshine Incubator Urban Entrepreneur Internship Program” more information will be posted later.
Thank you for reading this post and I look forward to your comments.

Professor Espinosa

No comments:

Post a Comment